In this episode, Visibility Coach Jenny De Lacy shares her career story to inspire us all.
Jenny is a video marketing strategist and expert. She transferred her Learning and Development skills gained over 20 years, and made the shift from being a ‘contractor’ to ‘business owner’.
IN THIS PODCAST
- Jenny’s journey from a career in Learning & Development to running her own business
- Jenny’s career change from having the urge to run a business rather than be a contractor and trying to find a position that fit with family life
- How working in a toxic environment was the impetus to start a business
- Taking the skills learnt from running a business and from her career and turned it into her business today
- Having to let go of the insecurity to leave a contracting position
- Transferring the people management and writing skills to help craft their message and gain confidence
- ‘You don’t know what you don’t know’ and people stay in employment not knowing what else they could do
- The assistance of career specialists to change our careers by transferring your skillset
- Realising the importance of leaving that toxic environment for confidence and self-worth
- Different Egos in the workplace
- Learning that our skills and abilities move across different stages of our career
- Our career title doesn’t really matter – just decide what you want to do and doesn’t have to have a label
- Understanding it can take some time to get over a bad/toxic work environment.
LISTEN TO THE PODCAST
Join the free Age Defying Careers online community. Connect with women in similar situations and environments, with common goals and experiences. These women understand you and are there to support you! Are you a woman over 40 looking to boost your confidence, fire up your career and connect with people who simply get you? You’ve found your tribe.